Saturday, July 15, 2006

Just don't mess...


When I phone friends and family, one question keeps on cropping up,

am I safe on site?

To answer that one, I get transported by a local driver, who knows the signs of trouble, and on site I have a crew of drillers containing Zulus, who pride themselves on their warrior credentials, I also have 24 hour security guards.

I took a photo of one of the guards from the bottom of a hole, while he was standing on the edge. It worked so well that some of the other guards asked to have their photos taken, so I held the camera about six inches off the ground. It seems to have worked quite well. The guys come out looking really tough.

The difference between those truncheons and a magician's wand?

The wand is for cunning stunts.

Actually, apart from drunks and glue sniffers who come begging, we don't get any bother. I don't know whether the Angolans have always been a placid people but thirty odd years of civil war is enough to make anyone tired of violence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home