Saturday, July 15, 2006

Life on site; part 1


In cleaning up the site we have probably, no, I'll correct that, we have certainly removed much of the cover used by local critters.

When we tried to clean the trash out of some concrete manhole rings to see what services were at the bottom, the wildlife included two big lizards, hundreds of big roaches and a small cat, which my helpers eagerly persued with shovels.

I think part of the chasing was revenge for me telling them that I like children, but couldn't eat a whole one...

Critters still keep showing up, and I'll post a few of them as time goes by.

This particular one gave me a big fright. I'd picked up an old flare tube (I knew it was empty, after one of my helpers picked it up before I could stop him, on our first day on site). and a length of reptillian tail slid out.

I quickly spotted that it had legs and carefully tipped it out, so that I didn't cause it to shed its' tail. It soon settled down in my hand, and once the photography was over, I let it go under some rubble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home