Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tresspassers will be shot?


I visited another construction site in town, this morning and their security guys were walking around with some interesting toys. I signalled that I would like to take their photos and they gave the thumbs up, so here you are.

I had to visit the site again later in the day and one of the guys was working on his field stripped AK, hammering something on the gas block on the barrel, I think it was an attachment point for the forend or wooden hand guard. The thing is, he was using the magazine as a hammer.

I know Kalashnikov designed his gun to be soldier proof, but I hadn’t realized quite how well he had done it.

Part of the reason for the armed security is that the site boundary has not been fully secured yet and the site is used by street people.

The people in the adjoining slum (it is a smarter slum than the one next to my site, so perhaps "informal settlement" is a better description) have been complaining about the street people robbing them at knife point and dealing drugs.

Certainly there were signs that any shelter at all was being used as sleeping accomodation. this included scrap machinery that had been left on the site and holes in the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home