Thursday, August 03, 2006

Homesickness

It looks like being a week Saturday before I fly out. Not good!

I don't know how other people cope with their working away. My technique is a compartmentalised mind, when I'm in one compartment, I can't see the others. It´s a bit like sitting in a cubicle in a big open office. Occasionally I hear something and stand up. then I can see the rest of my life; Patty, our home, and the little ones in it. Suddenly the cubicle is not important.

My house mates say that I'm mad for coming over here so soon after getting married. I aggree.

Time to forget about stinking sites in the third world and nerdy thoughts about gun's innards. time for some family life, before we all de-camp for Scotland. Trouble is it'll be another 10 days or so before I get home.

Just one outstanding thing from today: I found out that the young lady who has been temping here, has got herself a permenant post:

She'll be sitting in the same small room at the same office at the other end of town, that I worked in for a couple of months earlier this year.

It´s a small world. Terry Pratchet is right, there are only 40 real people in it, which is why our paths keep crossing.

Just looking forward to mine and Patty´s crossing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home